The Apple watch for women is more than just a stylish looking iPhone accessory – it’s become my favorite tech gadget. There´s no denying that the Apple Watch has become the most popular smartwatch on the market and the most worn watch for that matter, even more than mechanical and digital watches. Read on to find out 5 reasons why the apple watch is a must-have tech accessory for women!}
Ever since I got my first iPhone about 10 years ago, I’ve been a bit of an Apple fanatic (and everyone within the ecosystem might be too!). Apple products are just so user friendly, and once you have one, you can easily understand how a new product works as the interfaces are so similar. They´re stylish, well-built and work seamlessly between each other.
The Apple Watch is so much more than just a watch – it really is the perfect iPhone accessory and some even consider it to be a tiny advanced computer on your wrist. If you’re a busy, tech-loving, fitness-focused woman like I am, then you’ll absolutely love the Apple Watch, too.
The Apple Watch For Women – 5 Reasons It’s A Must-Have Accessory
There´s so much to say about the Apple Watch and a ton of reasons to love it and get one, but here´s 5 reason why I think it´s such an amazing product.
1. It´s a personal computer on your wrist
If you’re a busy person, you can attest that sometimes it feels like you need two extra sets of hands. I constantly find myself trying to juggle so many things at once! So, when I hear the text notification ping on my iPhone and know that it’s floating around the house somewhere, I shudder at the thought of getting up to look for it.
The Apple Watch solves that problem by delivering text messages straight to your wrist, along with weather forecasts, calendar updates and whatever else you set it up to feature.
The Apple Watch comes with Siri built-in, Apple´s own voice assistant that will help you perform the most basic tedious tasks like placing a phone call , respond to a message or set an reminder to go by the groceries store to grab a carton of milk. All these can be accomplished from the reach of your wrist. If you decide to go with a cellular data model of the Apple Watch, you can just forget about your phone. You can go for a run or any activity outdoors that you´re still going to be connected to your loved ones, business partners and friends on the go without the need of carrying your phone with you.
And to make it even more hands free and convenient, pair it with your Apple AirPods – I am in love with mine. It’s totally a game changer, especially if you’re on the phone a lot.
2. A personal assistant for busy, empowered women
I love how the Apple Watch gives me the ability to easily see my notifications at a glance. If it´s something important I address it immediately with a few swipes or voice commands. While if it is something that can wait I just twist my wrist and continue with what I was doing.
With the vast variety of preloaded apps, I can set-up alarms, reminders and schedule important activities for my work that can check whenever I want without picking up my phone. All these will instantly pop-up on my wrist so I don’t miss on any important tasks throughout my day. And remember, the Apple Watch is still a Watch, so everything a digital watch would do is in there, stopwatch, timer, alarms.
The Apple Watch is really like having a personal assistant, reminding you and notifying you about the highlights of your day.
3. Fitness – be more active and track your health!
Smartwatches can easily be related to fitness and activity-tracking, and the Apple Watch is no exception. Apple Watch can help you track your workouts and outdoor activities, such as running, weight lifting, and bike rides and much more with their pre-loaded list of activities that it can track. This will help you learn of how intense a workout was, ho many calories you burned and what to improve from it.
With the GPS bult-in, your outdoor activities are recorded in a map with important information such as your pace, calories burned, your rout traced on the map (how cool is that?!) and much more.
Working out with my Apple Watch, has been a game changer for me. With the chance of checking on the stats of my training, is like having a personal oach telling you that you did good but you can still do better. Every lap, lift or rep, you are looking forward to improvement, to challenge yourself. Often it can be difficult to figure out how to find time to workout, especially when you’re pulled in a million different directions, so the activity tracker gives a nice little boost of motivation.
Aside from the pre-loaded workouts, I love the “breathe” app. I consider myself a ver spiritual person and meditation and yoga play a big role in my life as I practicing mindfulness helps me have a balanced life. I believe in the importance of practicing mindfulness and bringing attention to our breath (a term you will be familiar with if you practice yoga.)
The Breathe app on the Apple Watch is set to prompt you to begin a breathing session every five hours (but you can start a session whenever you like.) Through a series of gentle vibrations and a calming circular shaped graphic, the Breathe app guides you through a series of deep breathing while tracking your heart rate.
You can set your Breathe session for one minute or five minutes. I try to get in at least 3 or 4 five minute Breathe sessions every day. It’s perfect to use when doing these breathing exercises for anxiety.
4. Safety – a handful of features to have a safer living
Apple might be considered one of the fancier wearable tech brands but one their main focuses has always been health and safety – releasing tools that can actually improve your life. The Apple Watch I no exception, packing a wide range of sensors that can prevent you from having a bad time. It has a heart-rate monitor a blood oxygen sensor, a temperature sensor and a very precise gyroscope and accelerometer. Let´s learn a little more of how each one of these are used to live a safer life.
- Heart-rate monitor: helps you track your cardiovascular activity while working out or even a when idle. This will help you to identify when you are pushing yourself too much or if you´re at risk of having a potential heart-related episode – if your heart-rate spikes for no reason, your watch will alert you immediately.
- Blood oxygen sensor: after COVID hit, blood oxygen became a thing, everyone was talking about it and wanted to know how well it was. That´s why Apple decided to include a sensor to measure it on their latest Apple Watch models. Whether you´re an athlete or just a health-focused person, knowing how well your body is oxygenating is an important subject to address.
- Temperature sensor: this is a new one on Apple Watch series 8, and it was included especially for the ladies not so much for the boys. Through the record of your body temperature, Apple Watch helps women to predict their menstrual cycle and their ovulation periods, so they can plan ahead!
- Gyroscope and accelerometer: this is where hardware meets the magic of software. A gyroscope is a 3-axis sensor that basically acknowledges the orientation of the watch, and the accelerometer measures (as it name would imply) the acceleration of the device. When the two work together, the Apple Watch can identify when a person falls suddenly and can alert the people in your emergency contacts list.
Additionally, a crash-detection feature has been included on the watch (Series 8 and Ultra). If you unfortunately get involved in a severe car accident, the watch will automatically connect with your emergency services and alert your emergency contacts, as well.
5. It´s a fashionable accesory
There´s no denying that the Apple Watch makes a statement when worn. Everyone notices that you are wearing one, even though there´s too many around. However, one of the reasons of its popularity is the vast variety of choices to make it just your own. From multiple watch faces with fancy complications, colors and even Disney characters, there´s definitely one that suits your personality, to different case finishes and whole world of strap choices.
The Apple Watch is offered in stainless steel, aluminum and titanium cases among their different iterations. The aluminum case is offered in midnight, starlight, silver and red colors, while the stainless steel case model is offered in graphite, gold and silver. Their mighty Apple Watch Ultra only comes in its natural naked titanium color. One thing´s for sure, any of these choices will look great on your wrist and people will acknowledge that you´re an active, techy and fashionable, modern woman.
More to discover
We have discussed 5 reasons why the apple watch is a must-have tech accessory for women, but there´s so much more to learn about the Apple Watch, as it is packed with features.
I´d like to mention some additional features that I love about my Apple Watch and I use more often:
- Its Mickey and Minnie Mouse watch face – these are timeless icons and such part of our culture and love to see them use their arms as the hour and minute hands.
- You can control your camera controls from your wrist – snap a group a selfie from your Apple Watch. Just put it on a tripod, just like this Gorillapod for phones, together your family and friends and snap that group photo with your back-facing camera with a click of a button (on your wrist).
- Quick-to-launch tools – whether is a calculator, a calendar or even a flashlight (it uses the whole screen as one), with a few slides, you can do a quick math, see your day at a glance or look for your house keys inside your purse.
Which Apple Watch suits you better?
Apple currently offers three models of the Apple Watch, and two of these are offered in two sizes. For 2023, Apple sells the Apple Watch SE, Series 8 and their biggest boy, Apple Watch Ultra – which might be a little to big for some wrists, sitting on a 45mm case size. Apple Watch Series 8 comes with all the latest bells and whistles, while the SE cuts on some corners like not having an Always-on display, a temperature sensor and having a slightly smaller screen. The Apple Watch SE, starts at $249.00, while Series 8 at $399.00. The Ultra starts at $799.00, which is a bit more on the pricey side.
What I would recommend is getting Series 8 if you´re a tech enthusiast and need to have the latest tech and don’t want to miss out on any of the amazing features of the Apple Watch like the menstrual cycle tracking feature. If you don’t care much about having all the features that make the Apple Watch an amazing too, you´re still going to have a safe bet with the SE. Now, if you´re a hardcore athlete and practice extreme outdoors activities such as mountain biking, diving or hiking, the Apple Watch Ultra will definitely be a better choice.
Do you have an Apple watch? What series do you have and do you love it? I’d love to hear some other experiences with this watch. Leave a comment below with your thoughts!
Hi I’m Ana. I’m all about trying to live the best life you can. This blog is all about working to become physically healthy, mentally healthy and financially free! There lots of DIY tips, personal finance tips and just general tips on how to live the best life.