A list of 52 journal prompts for self discovery to help you get started on your journey to self discovery – never stare at a blank page again!
The quickest way to happiness is learning how to live the best life possible. Which is what this blog is all about.
As well as learning more about ourselves…what makes us tick. What makes us happy and sad. The more we can learn of ourselves, the more we can work to lead the best life possible.
And a great first step to get there is to start a self-discovery journal. By journaling on a regular basis, you’ll slowly (or quickly) get to know yourself better.
And if you want to save them for later, download a printable copy!
As you practice daily, you will start learning gratitude towards what you have, what brings you happiness, and feel a sense of confidence.
To get started, I’ve developed a list of 52 journal prompts to help you on your journey. Because I know what it feels like to stare at a blank page and not know what to write. So, these thought provoking ideas are perfect to get those juices flowing.
Choose one week (or one a day if you’re super motivated) and start writing. Any old notebook will work, and you can even use a computer if you prefer. Whatever makes you comfortable. That said, here are some super cute journal options (affiliate links):
- Soothi has these gorgeous embossed leather journals that I am just in love with;
- Promptly Journals has a wide selection of journals for all different purposes;
- I really like this gold and marble colored journal;
- A simple composition notebook works great too.
Don’t forget to keep your journal – it’s fun to go back a year or two from now to see what you wrote and how far you’ve come!
1. What are my 5 best qualities as a person?
2. What does my perfect day look like?
3. If I could only take 3 things to a desert island, what would they be and why?
4. When do I feel the most at ease?
5. What motivates me the most and why?
6. Where do I envision myself in 1 year, 5 years and 10 years?
7. What does my dream job look like?
8. When I have 30 minutes of free time, how do I choose to spend it?
9. Where is my ideal vacation and what am I doing?
10. What are some ways I can simplify my life?
11. Who do I look up to the most and why?
12. What is my best feature and why?
13. What are my insecurities and how do I cope with them?
14. What actions can I take today to simplify my life?
15. What is one thing I would like to learn if I had time?
16. What bad habits do I have and what am I doing to stop them?
17. What are 5 things I am grateful for?
18. How would your friends describe you?
19. If today was your last day on earth, what would you do?
20. What can I do to feel more fulfilled with life?
21. What are 10 things that make me smile?
22. What makes me feel like an imposter and why?
23. What activities give me confidence?
24. What are 3 of my weaknesses?
25. What are 3 of my strengths?
You may also like 15 Cheap Ways to Pamper Yourself. Because getting your “me” time is so important.
26. What is my biggest regret?
27. What scares you the most about the future?
28. What is the best book you’ve ever read and what did you like about it?
29. How do you feel when you’re by yourself?
30. How do you show someone you love them? Do you use words or actions?
31. How do you feel when you’re running a meeting? Giving a speech?
32. What gives you butterflies when you think about it?
33. How do you feel when you’re in nature? Is it different when at the beach, mountains, desert, forest?
34. Do you prefer to work at a job you hate for a lot of money, or a job you love that barely pays the bills?
35. If you have something that you need to do, do you do it right away or procrastinate? Why?
36. Do you feel more comfortable living in the city or the country. What about it do you prefer?
37. What habit have you kept up with the longest?
38. If you could travel to anyplace in the world, where would it be and why?
39. How do you react when someone has said something hurtful to you?
40. What is one thing you did for yourself today? If you didn’t do anything, why?
41. When you close your eyes to sleep at night, what’s the last thing you think of before falling to sleep?
42. What is one thing that you haven’t been able to let go of? How does it make you feel?
43. Would you want to live forever? Why or why not?
44. What is something you’ve done in your life that you’re very proud of?
45. Do you prefer to read books or magazines? What is your favorite and why?
46. What is your best skill? Do you enjoy doing it?
47. What one thing makes you the angriest?
48. What would your partner say your biggest weakness is?
49. What is holding you back from living your dream life?
50. Who is your best friend and what makes them so? What are the qualities you love in them?
51. How does your current relationship make you feel?
52. If you won $10 million dollars today, what would you do with it?
Have you tried journaling for self discovery? Leave a comment below and let me know how it has worked out for you!
Don’t forget to download the full list of prompts so you can have it wherever you go!