Scrambled eggs and refried black beans is my most common breakfast. I vary the vegetables because every vegetable has different nutrients and benefits.
This is one of my breakfast options of the 10 Healthy Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes.
As you can see from the picture, I take this to work for breakfast. That’s a real picture of my breakfast at the office.
My favorite refried black beans are Ducal Refried Black Beans.
- 3 Eggs
- Refried Ducal Black Beans Can
- 1 Onion
- 1 Zucchinis
- In a bowl, add 3 raw eggs, and stir them with a fork or whisk until eggs are yellow. Add salt as you like.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat.
- Once the pan is warm, add about 1/2 teaspoon of oil. I like to used Avocado oil.
- Once the oil is warm, add the mixed eggs.
- Let is sit for 30 seconds and once you see the border cooked, with a wood spoon/spatula pull the sides of the egg to center as if you were drawing lines from the border to the center. The liquid raw egg should start to move to the borders again.
- Wait 10 seconds and once again, if you see the border cooked, pull the sides of the center until there's no liquid raw egg.
- Then stir the egg as you like until is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Move the eggs to a plate or container.
- In a preheated pan (can be the same used before for eggs), add oil, and sauté chopped onions until 50% of them are golden.
- Add lard or more oil to the pan and on top of the onions, add the Ducal refried black beans.
- Add a pinch of garlic powder, stir and fry for 5 minutes.
- Slice the washed zucchini.
- Place a third of the slice in a plate and microwave for 40 to 50 seconds.
- This is my most common breakfast.
- Multiply the ingredients by the number of days you want to prepare make ahead breakfasts. I prepare 4 days beforehand at most.
- I keep eggs, refried beans and zucchinis in separate containers in the refrigerator.
- When I want to have breakfast, I put them together in plate and microwave everything for 40 to 60 seconds.
- A reasonable serving of refried beans is 3 full spoons.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi I’m Ana. I’m all about trying to live the best life you can. This blog is all about working to become physically healthy, mentally healthy and financially free! There lots of DIY tips, personal finance tips and just general tips on how to live the best life.