When I think of cheeseburger soup, I think of a warming, comfort food that just takes you back to your childhood. Which is ironic, considering that I had never heard of cheeseburger soup until I moved to the United States as an adult. So I guess for me, cheeseburger soup is what I imagine people who grew up in the states would consider a comfort food. Am I right?
Anyway, comfort food or not, I think it’s fair to say that cheeseburger soup is delicious and even better – this instant pot cheeseburger soup recipe is keto approved so if you’re following (or attempting to follow) the keto diet, you’re in luck.
There’s just something about making soup in the instant pot in the cooler months – don’t you just love arriving home to the smell of hot soup wafting through the house? Makes you just want to pour yourself a big bowl, grab a plush blanket and snuggle on the couch with a book.
This keto cheeseburger soup is also “kid approved” – let’s be honest, what kid wouldn’t love a soup made from cheeseburgers?! (Ok, so it’s not technically made from cheeseburgers, but it may as well be!)
Keto Cheeseburger Soup Instant Pot Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese (or shredded Monterey jack cheese)
- Green onions and bacon bits for topping
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the ground beef and onions. Cook until the ground beef is almost completely browned, then add the minced garlic, parsley, black pepper, and salt. Continue sautéing until beef is cooked through.
- Turn off Instant Pot and soak up excess fat with a paper towel.
- Add the beef broth and frozen cauliflower, stir to combine.
- Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 10 minutes. When the cook time is up, do a quick release.
- Turn the Instant Pot back to sauté mode. In a medium bowl, combine the milk and corn starch. Whisk until smooth, then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. When the soup begins to simmer, turn off the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the shredded cheese one handful at a time, stirring between each addition.
- Serve soup topped with green onions, additional shredded cheese and bacon bits (optional).