A list of great gift ideas for crunchy moms. If you have a crunchy mom, granola mom, crunchy-granola mom or crunchy person in your life, these gifts are sure to make her (or him) happy!
I definitely wouldn’t consider myself to be a “crunchy mom” (I mean I’m not even a mom per se), but I am very frugal, I love to grow my own food, make my own food, compost, and shopping local to support local farmers and businesses.
While I’m not the crunchiest crunch who ever crunched (in fact, I’m pretty… silky?) I do try to make an effort to live a somewhat green, sustainable life.
What is a Crunchy Mom?
I’m not a huge fan of labels, but a “crunchy mom”, “granola mom” or “crunchy-granola mom” is someone who lives a more natural, green life. In the past, you could also find synonymous terms like granola mom, hippie mom, etc.
But basically, it’s someone trying to live a more natural lifestyle. And while I’m not perfect (I’m a huge meat eater), I do try to practice sustainability whenever I can.
Anyway, a crunchy mom will often make their own food, use cloth diapers, breast feed for longer periods of time, eat less or no meat, buy organic products, and/or grow their own vegetables.
So, if you’re looking for a frugal gift idea for a crunchy mom, or maybe you’re a crunchy mama looking to spoil yourself, or perhaps you’re like me – pretty silky but you try to do the best you can, then you might want to check out these great ideas!
Also check out these Mother’s Day gifts from Target – they may fit the bill too!
Gift Ideas for Crunchy Moms
Any who loves to live a more natural lifestyle will love these gifts. In addition to the below, a crunchy mom might love one of these tea subscription boxes!
Essential Oil Kits
Essential oils have many natural benefits and I absolutely love using essential oils for many things in my life.
Your crunchy mom may love natural essential oils And if you’re going to use essential oils, you will likely need a diffuser. I love this essential oil diffuser but it works great is is very pretty!
Organic (Eco Friendly) Subscription Boxes
There are SO MANY great subscription boxes out there that a crunchy mom would love. Here are some of my favorites:
- Succulent Studio – you get 2 unique succulents delivered to your door every month!
- Green Chef – A natural, organic meal kit service offering keto meal plans, veggie meal plans, and a total balanced meal plan.
- GreenUp Box – You get one box every 2 months and it includes eco-friendly reusable items (non-plastic) to help reduce your footprint.
- Hemp Crate Co – if your crunchy mom is into CBD products, this is the box for her (him)!
Organic Bath Products (Self Care)
Who doesn’t love a little pampering in their life? Like these 15 cheap ways to pamper yourself. Your crunchy mom may like some of these all natural products to fit into his/her beauty routine:
- Fork and Melon Cleansing Wash – it’s organic, cruelty free and vegan.
- Minimo Skin Brightening Facial Scrub – made with turmeric, cinnamon and lemon essential oil for natural brightening.
- Avalon Lip Balm – organic lip balm with vitamin c that doesn’t cost a fortune!
- Indie Lee Toner – all natural made with papaya, aloe, cucumber and sage extracts.
- Kopari Coconut Body Milk -made with 100% pure sustainable coconut oil.
- Honest Bubble Bath – relax with this natural, organic bubble bath with a calming lavender scent.
If your crunchy mom is an avid cook, these organic spice kits are perfect for creating that perfect meal!
- These small batch world flavors spices come in magnetic tins which is ultra convenient!
- This Indian spice set will get you on your way to Indian cooking (check out these Indian recipes from Went Here 8 This);
- If you’re in need of more of a starter kit, this spice starter kit is perfect!
- These vegan Thai curry sets are super fun!
Who doesn’t love a beautiful piece of jewelry that doesn’t cost a fortune? Handmade jewelry is wonderful because it is unique, less expensive than Tiffany’s, and has tons of character and beauty.
These jewelry gift ideas are perfect for your crunchy mom!
- Baltic Amber Necklace – Baltic amber necklaces are said to have traces of succinic acid, which benefit the body when absorbed into the skin (this is certainly not medical advice, it’s just what some believe).
- Air Element Pendant
- I am in love with this beaded bracelet – it’s so pretty!
- These wooden hoop earrings are pretty neat too.
- Another gorgeous woven bracelet.
- These teal colored wooden earrings are ultra cute too!
I honestly could go on and on with super cool natural, organic handmade jewelry, but I’ll stop there!
I don’t know how much you want to give a woman breastfeeding gifts, but your crunchy mom would likely love to receive these if she is breastfeeding!
- Natural Nipple Butter
- Lactation supporting tea
- Washable nursing pads
- Lactation supplement
- Nursing cover
- Wireless organic nursing bra
There are a lot of crunchy moms that are vegan, but there are many who are not as well. I’ve included a list of awesome cookbooks for vegan, plant based and organic food lovers.
- Chez Panisse – Vegetables
- Sweet Potato Soul (Vegan)
- Batch – a cookbook on canning and fermentation
- My New Roots – a plant based cookbook
- Oh She Glows – nourishing plant based meals
- A Nourished Kitchen
If your crunchy mom lives in a smaller area like a small house or condo in the city, a little indoor garden is perfect to grow small vegetables in herbs.
- Small plant starter kit – this has grow lights and and automatic timer
- Window garden for herbs
- Indoor greenhouse – a small greenhouse
- I love this hanging indoor plant holder
- Indoor grow lights – perfect if you don’t have a lot of sun
Fermentation is awesome! It’s delicious and good for your gut. And it’s not hard at all. Whether your crunchy mom is a beginner or just wants some supplies replenished, these are some great gifts.
- Fermentation starter kit
- Canning starter kit
- Wide mouth mason jars – because everyone needs some mason jars
- Fermentation lids
If your crunchy mom is pregnant or has a new baby, these are some great gifts.
- These super cute cloth diapers
- Organic cotton swaddle cloths
- Baby carrier
- Soft organic sleeper
- All natural baby shampoo
- Nursing pillow
I honestly think we all should be living a little more green and really try to focus on sustainability, whether you’re a “crunchy mom” or not. These gift ideas for crunchy moms are just a start!
Do you have a “crunchy mom” in your life? What kinds of gifts do you like to get her/him? Comment below and let me know!
Hi I’m Ana. I’m all about trying to live the best life you can. This blog is all about working to become physically healthy, mentally healthy and financially free! There lots of DIY tips, personal finance tips and just general tips on how to live the best life.