This post may contain affiliate links.
I’ve got a new, healthy, toddler-friendly recipe for you today, and this one is a definite winner: Easy Fried Corn Fritters!
Now that my toddler insists on feeding himself during mealtimes, I’ve made it my mission to come up with healthy recipes that fit the following criteria:
- Easy for little fingers to pick up and not make a huge mess while eating
- Tasty for adults, too
- Don’t take forever to make
(If I’m honest, even before I became a mom, that last bullet point was part of my cooking criteria!)
I recently made these easy crustless spinach mini quiches which have been a huge hit. I’m actually making them to take to my grandparents for our pre-Christmas dinner, by popular request!
But eventually, even the biggest quiche-lover (me!) can get “quiched out” so the other night, my Mum and I were experimenting in the kitchen and came up with these easy fried corn fritters. They’re easy to make, cheesy (because the more cheese, the better, right?) and approved by everyone!
And I’m not joking when I say that my son devoured them. I gave him three fritters. They were literally gone within minutes and I hear his little voice saying “more! more!”
I ate my sweet corn fritters with a side salad and topped with some sriracha sauce, while other members of my family made a fried corn fritter sandwich and even ate them cold later on that night. Needless to say, there were none left the next morning, but these should stay good in the fridge for a couple of days.
So, onto the recipe!
Easy Fried Corn Fritters Recipe
Easy Fried Corn Fritters Ingredients
- 1 can of sweet corn kernels, drained
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
1. Combine flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and melted butter.
3. Add wet mixture to flour and stir until well combined and batter is smooth.
4. Stir through the corn kernels, cheese and salt to taste.
5. Heat olive oil in a chemical-free non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Carefully add tablespoons full of the mixture to the pan, cooking until golden on both sides (about 2 minutes.)
6. Remove corn fritters from pan and drain on paper towel.
Make sure you check out my delicious easy crustless mini spinach quiche recipe, and if you like this recipe, be sure to pin the image below!